Runscanner is a completely free windows system utility which scans your system for all configured running programs.
You can use runscanner to detect autostart programs, spyware, adware, homepage hijackers, unverified drivers and other problems.
Very comprehensive autostart list
For beginner and expert users
- Scanning of 100+ hijack locations, hosts file editor, process killer, online malware/whitelist analysis.
- One executable, no installation required.
- Backup / restore of deleted items.
- Malware will find it harder than ever to hide.
| || ||Beginner mode |
This is for novice users that want to do a scan and upload their results to a malware specialist forum.
You cannot make any changes in this mode!
| || ||Expert mode |
This is for advanced users, all startup tweaks, scanning, reporting, filtering and delete features are available.
Powerful file inspection
RunScanner makes it easier to determine which entries are likely to be malicious.
| ||Authenticode signature analysis. |
| ||Check all the certificates of your started files and verify if you trust the publisher. |
| ||Virustotal integration. |
| ||Send suspect files to Virustotal and have them checked by multiple anti-virus engines. |
| ||FileAdvisor integration. |
| ||Compare the MD5 hash of your files with the online Fileadvisor database. |
Currently 4.028.732.854 hashes available.
| ||Google search integration. |
| ||Search information for suspicious files on Google. |
| ||Runscanner online database integration. (+ online malware analysis) |
| ||Compare the MD5 hash of your files with the online Runscanner database. |
Currently 160.000 (startup file) hashes available.
| ||Powerful filtering. |
| || |
Log analysis made easy
- Plain text file logging with only the items that need your attention.
- Saving and importing of text files to .run files (all information available)
- A user with problems can save the .run file, an expert can mark the items that need fixing and send the .run file back to the user.
Malware removal abilities and misc
- Powerful process killer.
- Kill multiple processes at once.
- Kill and rename.
- Kill and delete.
- Delete at next reboot.
- Analysis of loaded modules.
- Regedit jump.
- Explorer jump.
- Who is the author of RunScanner?
- What is sent when I do an online analysis?
Only information about your scan is send to the online server (MD5, path, description)
This information is used only by Runscanner to analyze for possible whitelist items based on statistics.
- Why should I do an online analysis?
An online analysis is optional.
The more reports are send to the server, the easier it will be to filter out the safe items to make the online database better for other users.
- What locations are monitored by RunScanner?
The complete list is located at the forum.
- Why did some antiviruses detect a older version of RunScanner as a virus?
Earlier versions were packed with PEcompact to make the .exe smalller, this combined with all the malware locations/host file triggered the heuristic scanning of some anti-virus programs.
The anti-virus vendors have been informed and added Runscanner to their whitelist.
- Which sites are listed on the helper forums page?
All sites with malware removal specialists that provide a free service can ask me for a link on this page.
- I think a found a bug in Runscanner, or I have a suggestion for improvement.
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org